Jerry Wright Mazda History - Employment & Experience
* Click on any picture for a larger view
- Service manager at one of Mazda's first dealerships in Auburn Washington.
- Started rebuilding rotary engines.
- Steve Roberts and John Nagel each bought an RX-2 that year having Jerry Wright prepare there rally engines.
- 1st Porting to a 12A Rotary
- Helped local rallies with engine work
- Jerry Wright joins Ed Parks in racing a RX-2 in local club racing.
- Jerry Wright and Ed Parks winning in the ICSCC with a RX-2
- Racer's get race parts from Jerry Wright.
- Ran RX-3 in IMSA and Trans AM 12A peripheral port
- Bought 1st peripheral port racing engine from Mazda through Curtis-Wright
- Mazda race parts were hard to find but racers found parts through Jerry Wright. Since Mazda could not sell race engines in the US Curtiss-Wright was the only source.
- Left dealership to open JLC Inc, JLC Racing, Jerry's Little Car Shop and Mazdas Only
- Homolagation paper work was sent into F.I.A.
- Crew Chief for the winning factory RX-7 GTU Team at the 24 hours of Dayton.
- Performed racing engine service for many race teams using 12 & 13B peripheral port engines. Teams included Mazda Competition Department, BF Goodrich, Brad Frisselle, Z & W Motor Sports, Pierre Honegger and David Loring, Allen Moffet (AM), Vance Swift (CA), Toivo Heinonen (CA), Erie Scientific, Frank Jellinek, John Grooms
- Campaigned and raced one of the factory RX-7's in both GTU and Trans AM divisions
- IMSA races drivers included Ed Parks, Roger Mandeville, Stu Fisher, Amos Johnson, Allen Moffet, and Jeff Kline.
- Assistant Crew Chief for the Factory Winning RX-7 GTO Team at the 24 hours of Daytona.
- Jerry builds the two-rotor 13B engine for the winning car of the 24 Hours of Daytona.
1972-2003 & Current
- Rally car support and engine service for local racer's Steve Roberts, John Nagel, John Christensen, Joel Wright, Tim Patterson , Dave Hintz, Gretchen and Jerry Everett, Jim Varchek and Ed Lakous.
- More pictures from Dave Hintz - Click Here
* Click on any picture
for a larger view
1517 South Central Avenue -
Kent, Washington 98032
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
About Us | Vehicles We Service | Location | History | For Sale | Photos | Links | Home
© JLC, Inc., Jerry's Little Car Shop
also d.b.a. Mazdas Only and JLC Racing